***Download the "Need to Talk" resource flyer here ***
WSU Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
***Initial assessments until 4:00 PM daily***
Located: 5th floor of Student Center Building Suite 552
After Hours Phone (after 5 pm weekdays and weekends) 313-577-9982
CAPS offers a variety of services to the University Community which include:
- Counseling services to registered Wayne State students
- Therapy groups, support groups, and educational groups
- Outreach services and events
- Workshops/educational activities
- Crisis intervention for students, faculty, and the university community
- Consultation to faculty and the university community
- Consultation to parents of university students
WSU College of Education Counseling and Testing Center
Monday – Thursday
2 PM to 7 PM
Located 3rd Floor Education Building EDU 306
COE Counseling and Testing Center offers:
- Individual and group counseling aimed to assist clients in making realistic vocational choices, to resolve problems in interpersonal functioning and eliminate self-defeating and/or abusive activities.
- Standardized basic educational and life skills assessment.
- Substance abuse assessment.
- Specialized assessment for vocational interests and vocational aptitudes
- Art therapy for individuals and groups using the approaches of non-verbal and/or creatively expressed counseling.
WSU Psychology Clinic
Mon. & Wed. 9 AM to 7 PM
Tue. & Thu. 9 AM to 8PM
Friday 9 AM to 5 PM
Affordable rates available. No insurance is accepted. Cash or checks only.
Located: 60 Farnsworth Street, Rackham Building, Detroit, MI 48202
The WSU Psychology Clinic offers:
- Therapy for adults, couples, adolescents, children, groups, and families. Both short- and long-term treatments are available.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills Training
- A wide range of assessment services are offered for children, adolescents and adults, including intellectual, neuropsychological, personality, and the assessment of learning disabilities.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The Crisis Text Line
Detroit Wayne County Mental Health Authority (DWMHA)
800-241-4949 or 313-833-2500
Wayne County Community Mental Health - Emergency
Wayne County 24 Hour Crisis Hotline
Detroit Receiving ER
Henry Ford ER
Common Ground Crisis Number and Screenings
Substance Abuse Access